I'm a runner who needs a diet plan?

I'm a senior in high school that runs cross country and track and I've been doing well with the diet I have but I want to start improving/cutting down my 5k (18:00) and 1600m (4:59) times so I thought I'd start with improving my diet. I already know I need a lot of carbs and protein and all that but I need a specific diet plan (examples at least) of what I should eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Any other training tips for improvement would be very appreciated!

How to Lose Weight & Keep a Healthy Looking Face

Recommended Answer:

Just make sure all of your meals contain healthy fats (avocados, nuts, fish), healthy carbs, and healthy proteins. A good example would be a turkey sandwich with avocado. Snack on nuts and bananas throughout the day for energy and make sure to have post workout protein shake to help with muscle recovery. Breakfast example: Oatmeal, fruit, and greek yogurt.Lunch: Turkey sandwich (with veggies) and granola.Dinner: Chicken breast with potatoes and veggiesYou can have shakes in between your meals but never supplement them for a meal. Your body will thank you if you put healthy food in it and you'll notice a difference in your run times. So stay away from fast food.This might help to:http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/best-foods-runnershttp://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/running-for-weight-loss-eating-plan

0 comments:

Post a Comment