How much will losing weight affect a tattoo?

So I am thinking about getting my first tattoo soon. I want to get it on the back of my right shoulder and for it to be about the size of the average woman's hand. Here is a picture of the out line: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs17/PRE/f/2007/179/7/d/Baby_dragon_tattoo_by_Annikki.jpgI want it blue and to look like my skin is being held on to. I am about 80-90lbs over weight that I put on from depression that I had when my mom was sick with cancer, now that both her and I are better I want to lose the weight and be back to my healthy self. Anyways I am probably going be getting the tattoo before I lose much of any weight. I don't know when I am getting it done yet as my friend is making the appoint for me because he cousin is a really good tattoo artist. Anyways I want to know if losing weight will mess up that tattoo in the spot I said and how much it will mess it up like what will happen?! Its 80-90lbs I want to lose. Please no telling me not to do it, I just want an answer. Thank you for your help. Oh and will I have to wear a strapless bra for a while because of where I am getting it?

How to Detox Your Body and Lose Weight at The Same Time

Recommended Answer:

The back of the shoulder doesn't tend to be very fatty so I'd say it shouldn't get affected too much but having said that, everyone holds fat in different areas and it might change for some more than others. Personally I'd say wait, get henna tattoos done until you've lost the weight so your tatt can also be a 'well done me' thing plus you'll get used to it before its permanent :) Of course it's completely up to you though.As for wearing a strapless I'd think so but it depends on the bras you wear usually. If you have thin straps normally I'd say go strapless but if you have very thick straps with a lot of support then maybe not. Bra straps aren't supposed to be the support, the support should come from the band under your boobs so technically the straps should be fine but I don't know.

Other Answers:

  • I believe you will be fine as long as you lose the weight slowly instead of trying to stop it all at once
  • I've gained and lost like 20 times and now I'm in my mid 50s and getting saggy. It has not affected my tattoos one bit. There are a lot of considerations to a tattoo, but this is not one of them..

0 comments:

Post a Comment