How much weight will I lose if I walk 24 miles 5 days a week?

(4.8 miles a day) Im going to start walking to my gym and back when I go workout, it's 2.4 miles there but ill be walking there & back. I'd go Monday-Friday and a week it totals out to 24 miles. I weigh 165 now and I'm 5'5. That will be my source of cardio (4.8 miles a day) and then an hour of working out but focusing on muscles. I know there isn't a way you can say exactly how much I'll lose, but just take a guess? I'll do this for 2 months, or until it gets too cold. Thanks!

How to Lose Weight on Lexapro

Recommended Answer:

Ash, this is not the best way to lose weight. You may harm your legs for over exertion. I advise you to take some precaution on your food also. Better to consult a dietitian and physio before planning a weight-loss plan.

Other Answers:

  • How much does your boyfriend weigh?
  • Weight loss is dependent both on the calories you eat vs the calories burned. In you question you mention just walking everyday. That's only calories expended. It will help, but it's easy to overeat to cancel out the weight loss from walking a lot.I don't know your age, but at 165lbs and 5'5" your total daily calorie expenditure doing nothing would range between 1700-2100 a day. if you were active and walked that much everyday it would account for roughly 200-400 calories. Possibly more, but I wanted to at least give you an idea.
  • It all depends on your diet. I live by three apps. Lost It!, GymGoal, and TargetWeight. All free apps. I record my measurements and weight lost everyday. It gives you graphs and estimates when you will reach your target. You can record all your exercise and diet so when you're not losing weight you can go back and look to see why. GymGoal also gives so many different weight exercises and what muscles they work. You'll never ever need to talk to a trainer at the gym with these three apps.
  • I think what you're doing well and it continues, It is difficult to guess how much lose in 2 months Because it also linked in eating behaviorI know a very good product helps you to reach your goal ,You can be found it at this link http://tiny.cc/git32w
  • Hypothetical questions about “IF” and “I'm going to” and “I'll do this and that”??Where I live (in the US, in a place build up around cars, no lack of parking spaces…you can only walk outside in your residential neighborhood), I cannot walk the 2.8 miles to get to my gym.I would LOVE to walk to get somewhere, not just doing circles in my neighborhood.I could walk to the gym, if I'm dressed up in a gym outfit (which I don't really need as I'm going to the gym for the pool and need my aquatic center bag with my flip-flops. swimsuit, pool + sauna + shower towels, personal body and hair products), not looking like my car broke down somewhere (then everybody stop their car to offer assistance), being the only pedestrian out there, oblivious to endangering my life with car traffic and because of nonexistent public transportation, some drivers are inexperienced 15yo teens, other are 80s half blind ones, others are drunk, sick, distracted… my 120 pounds human body would have a serious disadvantage if colliding with a 4,000 pounds car. Let's say that I'm a daredevil and not afraid to negotiate grassy hills where no sidewalks are available (why would the city make sidewalks where nobody walks there?) then at a specific intersection, with traffic lights for cars but no crossing system for pedestrians, I was told to call 911 so the local roaming cop, 2 minutes away, or even the firefighters just at the corner would come and stop traffic so I could cross the road safely and not end up like a pancake on the local evening news where they always zoom in on one of your lost shoes!!It's cheaper for the city to have me call 911 and summon cops and firefighters to stop traffic (those guys do drills all the time, kills the boredom, and they like to help an old lady cross the street) than to redo the road to include sidewalks that nobody but me would use (the other people trying to cross the road there ended up at the hospital and on the local news). It's probably not even their shoe but some archives footage of a shoe in the middle of the road.So, if you're overweight, maybe because nobody walks to go places, where you live, make sure you can safely walk to the gym; otherwise your gym surely can provide you with other aerobics. Where I live, people walk/jog inside their residential neighborhood, otherwise everybody use cars, even to go to the gym to walk there on a treadmill or a trail around the outside facilities like the soccer field, the tennis court, the baseball field, the playground…My gym has an outside half a mile dirt trail around the compound which is nice for two reasons…no cars and it's a dirt trail which is better for overweight people like you who have to take into account total body weight to not damage the joints and avoid asphalt walking in the street.You'll do this for 2 months and then what?Regain body fat for winter insulation so you don't shiver?Use layers, a down-filled jacket, gloves, hat, winter boots…You forgot one important clue…your age, which makes your BMR an estimate now.You cannot ask a detailed question and expect a detailed answer if you fail to mention important clues.You're also not mentioning your caloric intake.At 165lbs, you'd burn 80 calories per mile but if you walk 5 miles and then get an extra 400 calorie meal because all that walking makes you hungrier, you won't lose body fat (+ eating more for what you do at the gym, like weight training that requires a high carbs meal 2 hours prior).So assuming you're like 20yo and done growing (wild guess), your BMR would be around 1,580 calories.Hopefully you eat at least that much to cover your BMR, as to not send your metabolism down the drain.Providing that you eat enough to cover your BMR but not more, you'd need to burn 3,500 calories with exercising to lose one pound of body fat so, in your case, that would be 43.75 miles give or take (80 calories per mile). Readjust numbers as when you lose weight you burn fewer calories per mile, like I'm 5'5 too but 120lbs and only burn 60 calories per mile, so I'd need to cover 58 miles to lose one pound of body fat.You're overweight, because you're probably out of shape and/or having the wrong diet. The right diet can be the wrong one if you're not physically active so you're putting too many unused calories into your fat reserves.You have the wrong ideas and expectations. You need to fix that if you want to be among the 5% of people who lose weight successfully (they don't regain it).Walking is better than not walking but in most country it's called “going places” and NOT exercising.And they still go places when it's cold.You should spend 3 to 6 months (from savvy to clueless) just to maintain your total body weight while losing body fat with aerobics and GAINING muscle mass with weight training to get back in shape.

0 comments:

Post a Comment