How do lap band patients qualify for another gastric surgery?

I know some lap band patients who failed to lose significant weight or stayed plateau for 6+ months, may qualify for a different gastric surgery.Under what conditions would I qualffy for another different surgery?my BMI is very obese 35 still. Weight loss been plateau, but I did lose 20-25lbs in 8 months.Thanks

How to Lose Weight in the Feet

Recommended Answer:

My lap band failed (or should I say , I failed ) after 5 years - Iost 40kg ( about 90lb) but gained half of that back when I stopped bothering with it . I was snacking on ice cream, candies, etc, just sabotaging myself. Of course, like they say, "the band is on your stomach , but it should be on your brain". Anyway, I've actually lost all the weight again by going on the Atkins Diet where you avoid all carbohydrates - but that is my story, not yours. A friend of mine had the same problem with the band just not working in the long term. So she just went back to the bariatric surgeon, got the band taken out , and had gastric bypass surgery. She can eat anything she likes now, and has lost approx. 5kg ( 12lb) per month , every month, and is now her ideal weight. She even goes in fun runs regularly now. So, just go back to the doc who put the band in, and ask to have the bypass. If you still have a 35+ BMI, you should be eligible for it. Good luck !

0 comments:

Post a Comment