Running once or twice a day does it make a difference?

I am a high school cross country runner and during summer I ran twice a day and did spin classes but now with school it's hard to decide when to run. I have practice once from 2:45-5 but like I don't wanna get out of shape or gain weight.. Do you think just running once is fine or should I kill myself to wake up at 5am or run at 9pm? I just wanna get a 22:00 5k

How to Reduce Body Fat Without Losing Weight

Recommended Answer:

I don't think you have to worry about weight gain, unless you're consuming large amounts of calories....As far as how to best reach a 22 min 5K, talk to your coach...s/he knows your running style, current ability level, and can best suggest a running program that will help you reach your goal...I personally don't know any runners who feel the need to run 2x a day, although a fair number of them run daily (or almost daily)...Make sure your diet is high in protein though...excessive cardio exercise can cause the body to burn muscle tissue for nutrients, which is why people exercising primarily for fat loss are often told to do more strength training than steady-state cardio...

0 comments:

Post a Comment