Is it possible to be clinically depressed without even knowing it?

I've been waking up in the middle of the night for quite some time now (2/3 weeks), and after some googling all fingers are pointing at depression. I looked at the symptoms of depression and I realized I've been having some of them (back pain, concentration problem, forgetfulness, weight loss, sleep problems...) Lately. Now, I was depressed about a month ago (mostly because I was struggling to get into college) but it's gone now! (the feeling of sadness and despair and all) So what am I dealing with here? Residues of my depression? Or am I depressed but I am unaware that I'm depressed?Man is this question weird. Sorry for the long post...please help

How to Lose Weight Hiking

Recommended Answer:

Yes you can be depressed and not know you are, a lot of people with Depression don't know they are. When I first got depressed I had no idea I was until I was diagnosed by my doctor. The symptoms you listed do not mean you have Depression, they sound more like you have a health problem rather than a mental health problem. You should see your doctor either way, you have symptoms that need assessing. Good luck :)

Other Answers:

  • My experience ( being a friend of a depressed person) : as long as you're still asking people if you are depressed, you're not. As soon as you don't want to do anything anymore and don't want to talk to anyone and stop asking, Well you got the point.
  • Your question, to the contrary, is not weird at all. Many persons go through life without knowing the various symptoms they are going through are linked to depression. A lot of what you are experiencing is due to your age, simply the residue of middle or late adolescence. The fact that you were under stress which brought on the depressive symptoms points to an underlying, continuing problem that can be addressed at the college medical clinic. You have already paid for it so I urge you to get in as soon as possible. Your latest symptoms appearing while you are under much less stress are an indication you should be evaluated at the clinic. Don't worry, they see many cases like yours and are equipped to handle yours also. Take care and good luck
  • Who the hell wants to admit that something is wrong with us, we do all we can to avoid that, but facts are facts, you may be clinically depressed, you may not be, only way to find out is visit a doctor and allow them to take a look at you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment