How many calories should I be taking in with my weight and amount of exercise?

Hi, I want to lose weight in a healthy manner about 1-2 pounds a week. I signed up to a gym and will exercise about 4-5 times a week. I weigh 148 and am 5'2. How many calories should I be consuming in regard to the amount I will approx. burn. I will be doing cardio/ strength training about an hour or so each time, Don't give me a calculator to use please I need answers from people who have knowledge about this! Thank you!@ Julian so If I consume 1500 calories and burned about 300 in a workout lets say.. then Id only really be eating 1200 ..is that safe??@ Julian so If I consume 1500 calories and burned about 300 in a workout lets say.. then Id only really be eating 1200 ..is that safe??

How to Count Carbohydrates to Lose Weight

Recommended Answer:

You're BMI is 27, so whilst its considered overweight it is not by much. At these levels I would aim for a loss of about 1lbs a week.Without exercise your calorie count will be about 1250 calories per day. But since you train around 4 times a week, that's an average of 150 extra calories burnt every day of the week.Total calorie count will be around 1400 caloriesHope that helps

Other Answers:

  • I would try going for 1500 calories
  • You should be eating 1,600 to 1,800 calories for a slow and healthy weight loss, you don't want your body to go in to "starvation mode" to try to maintain your current body weight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment