How do I gain weight?

I'm extremely skinny for my height and age and I know it's because of my fast metabolism. My doctor told me to start working out if I wanted to gain weight, so I did and have been for about 3 months now, problem is I only gained 6 pounds! I'm 5'9 and I only weigh 102 pounds, yes, you read right. I'm starting to get scared because I turn 17 in 2 weeks and I still don't weigh even 125 which is what most girls my age weigh! Yes I do eat, infact most of the time I eat the same as the adults around me that weigh 100lbs more than I do, so why is it so hard to gain weight? Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

How to Quickly Lose Weight by Drinking Water

Recommended Answer:

Eat more. As straight forward as it sounds, eat more. One recommendation I can give is get into a weight lifting program. Do either the Starting Strength or Stronglifts program, both are great. Which ever you prefer and what you do is keep eating what you're eating and then drink a gallon of whole milk every day. Spread the gallon of milk through out the course of the day; I wouldn't recommend drinking it in one sitting. I'm pretty sure you will gain some muscle and weight on this diet and workout.If you don't wanna do the milk a day, eat a lot of high carb and high protein foods. Brown rice, potatos, beans, etc., are all excellent choices.

Other Answers:

  • Wow your so lucky. Why don't you try and be a model or something?
  • Don't listen to the dumb person that said you're lucky. I'd eat high carb stuff and high protein stuff man and do heavy weights with low reps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment