What do I do about an obese family?

I understand that being obese and doing nothing about it is your choice and right. But if I ever mention it, they all parrot out "I bet we're healthier than the skinny smokers!" They seem like the learned everything they "know" about obesity from the fat acceptance movement, you know crap about fat isn't unhealthy, your genes meant you to weigh 400lbs, fat can actually make you healthier, etc. Dad will go on and on about him having low cholesterol, no joint pain, no discernable risk factors for heart disease other than the big belly, and therefore being fat is fine, and why should he "be miserable, on a diet, when being fat isn't doing me any harm". My sister has been told by a doctor to lose weight, especially with my mum's family history of arthritis and joint disorders, but she doesn't give a rat's ass. She's "happy with her body", and thus believes she doesn't need to lose weight. And my mum doesn't even seem to acknowledge that she's fat.Like I said, I understand its up to them, but I want them to be around a long time, and to be fit, and for my mum's crippling arthritis to ease (which it would if her knees weren't weighed down with 350lbs of fat!) and for my sister to fit in and be able to do everything she wants to do. But if they're all fat, this won't happen. Is it just me? Should I just deal with me and leave them to themselves, or is there something I can do?

How to Lose Weight on Lexapro

Recommended Answer:

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink....You can tell people the truth but you can't make them live the same...that is their choice.You have to live your life so be the best example of a healthy lifestyle for them that you can be and don't preach as they won't listen however, you are teaching by being a good example.Be well and be wise.

Other Answers:

  • stop carbohydrates ans fat , and workout daily until ur shirt get drenched with sweat u will achieve soon what u want
  • Stage an intervention whereby you make a presentation and arrange a fat place for the one who is actually obese. How you find the funding would be up to the family.
  • It is best that you continue advising them about their health even though they do not want to listen because eventually they will see the light. I guess some people learn best after making a mistake or experiencing something out of the ordinary. They need to know that too much of anything is not good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment