Pregnancy Wieght Control HELP!?

Back in January, I was in good shape. I worked out daily and ate healthy foods. I also was into a lot of dieting fads, trying out a lot of different supplement and local weightloss centers to control my weight. I was also a regular smoker. So i guess i was in shape in some "not so good ways" as well. But over all, beside smoking, I was happy with what i was doing and how i looked. I was 160lbs, 5'6'' and was toned. As of today, I am 32 weeks pregnant with my first! Once i found out i was pregnant, I stopped EVERYTHING. No smoking, no supplements, no more weightloss center visits. I still do light works outs as much as i can and i still eat healthy. if not, maybe a little more healthier. I do have my craves for sweets but i don't let that completely take over. But I have rapidly gained weight. Everything i used to do to control my weight put my body into shock basically once i stopped all at once and ive gained 50lbs so far! Everyone says, oh its your first and your still young, you'll lose it all right away while breastfeeding within the first few months. Id like to believe them because they make it sound so simple. Id also like to believe its just "baby weight" But i know its not just that either! Has anyone gone thru similar experiences during your pregnancies or know of someone to relate? I guess I just want some reasurance im not the only one who has gone thru this! I feel like Shammoo! :-) I have plans to start off a healier way/diet to try and lose this weight after my baby is born. Ive gotten to where i needed to be before, i know i can do it again. Thanks for any inputs

How to Lose Weight Fast With Yoga

Recommended Answer:

I was in the best shape of my life in april of last year when i got pregnant, i am 5'9 and weighed 135 lbs i gained a bout1-2 lbs per month until 7 months hit. then I rapidly started gaining weight. I was up to 170lbs by the time of birth. It was rapid and I know it wasn't all baby because my face was fat, my legs were chubby my underwear was even tight! plus my breasts were a size D and I've always been a B so I was gaining ALL over the place. I was pretty upset and determined to lose it after the baby was born. but I was shocked to find out how easy it was. people make it sounds easy because for a lot of women it is! I did breast feed which shrunk my uterus down to size really quickly to get rid of my belly pouch. and all lot of water weight came off too, I had to pee a lot and I sweated a lot! Also with a newborn you will forget to eat! I know that sounds dangerous but you will only eat when the baby is asleep finally and you aren't busy trying to sleep lol Also breastfeeding does burn a lot of calories. By 2 weeks i was pre pregnancy weight. and right now at almost 8 months post partum I weight 122lbs .. I'm actually underweight and struggling to keep weight on. I never restricted my diet or anything and if you had to it would be fairly easy and getting a baby jogging stroller could be something you might be interested in but Try to realize that there is soo much running around you'll be doing that the weight will come off : ) I thought I was destined to keep the extra baby weight. but it does come off and you seem determined you DEFINITELY won't have any problem! Good luck momma and congrats!

Other Answers:

  • After the initial weight loss, you should not plan to lose more than 1-1 1/4 pounds per week. You need to eat healthfully, concentrating on whole grains, fresh fruit and vegetables, and lean sources of protein. Most diet centers do not have plans for breastfeeding mothers, but you certainly can look for one.. Other than walking, you can begin light exercise at about 6 weeks postpartum.. Remember, it took you 9 months to gain the weight, so it is not unrealistic for it to take 9 months to lose it.You can speak to your physician or midwife now about weight control during pregnancy.. That way, you may be able to maintain the weight you are at now, without gaining any more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment