How do you lose the last 10 lbs?

I am 5'5" and currently weigh 130 lbs. The heaviest I've ever been (excepting when I was 9 months pregnant and right after birth) was 135 lbs right before I got pregnant and the lightest adult weight I've had was 10 months after my son was born at 100 lbs (It just came off when I was breastfeeding!). I gained weight on purpose and I felt really healthy and good at 114-118 lbs. and I maintained that weight for probably 2 years before i started gaining weight. I married an obese man and we've been married for 1 1/2 years now and I'm back up to 130 lbs. I don't want to continue gaining weight! I'd like to lose 10 lbs and get back down to 120 lbs but now I'm finding it quite difficult! How do you lose weight?What I do now:I exercise for 60-90 minutes per day (p90X, running, jump rope, etc.) and I eat around 1500-1800 calories per day, mostly fruits and veggies, all whole grains, and some protein like dairy, beans, nuts and seeds and occasionally i eat some meat like chicken. What else can I do?? I feel like i'm stuck at 130.

How to Lose Weight With Shift Work

Recommended Answer:

intermittent fasting - look up hodgetwins on youtube, they have a dedicated channel with over 100 vids just on this one topic, all your answers will be answered.EDIT: Their target audience is men, but they're still pretty funny and very helpful. Just watch out for swearing if you easily get offended

Other Answers:

  • Try SparkPeople.com. This free site has everything: recipes, calorie tracking, exercises, motivation, etc.Try some of the recipes on your husband so maybe he can join you in your weight loss.Your BMI is in the range of normal. Calculate it at the site below.
  • Fasting will not only make you low-energy but once you start eating again, you will gain all the weight back. It is FAR better to give your body the RIGHT foods, like lots of fruits, veggies, etc. and let it work to it's own state. Do light-resistance exercise like swimming, running, biking, yoga, etc. and eat small amounts. This video helps a lot!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R14Gvj1VWcFantastic tips that I have tried and they really work!
  • your body is holding on to that extra poundage because it is preparing for a lean time since you've changed your eating habits,i've read and heard that to shift the last few pounds is actually to binge on the foods you really crave and the body comes out of it's holding pattern and starts to release the pounds because it is no longer threatened by starvation mode
  • I had this problem when losing weight as well. The last 10lbs sucked.Its not the healthiest way to lose weight, BUT if you take caffeine and or diet pills before working out early in the morning it helps speed up weight loss for sure. I'm short (5'2) and its hard to maintain weight at around 115lbs. Its not drastic- instead of losing 2lbs you might lose 2.5 or 3 but if you do a stack for a month it adds up and helps get rid of stubborn weight. No pill is a miracle pill, it just enhances your results. Maybe not the best answer, but speaking from experience, it works. I liked hydroxycut and xenadrine the best.
  • I am a personal trainer and nutritionist, specializing in weight loss. That's really awesome that you're on track with your diet and exercise – my only suggestion would be to go dairy free and drop down to 1200 calories for 60 days, with perhaps one day per week on 1500 calories. You really don't need 1800 calories per day, even when you are exercising 60-90 minutes. Check your heart rate also – are you pushing hard enough? Are you in the correct training zone? Also check your blood sugar and insulin levels at the doctors, also thyroid. Are you sleeping? Lack of sleep and increase of stress can stop weight from coming off at the pace it should. Best of luck to you and let me know how you get on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment