Can insulin resistance cause low carb diet to work more slowly sometimes?

I was just curious. I have tried low carb diets but don't seem to lose on them, but I have been on a high carb/sugar heavy diet for such a long time, I wasn't sure whether sometimes it takes a while to "kick in" for people who may have excess insulin swimming around in them. Is it possible I just haven't given the diet enough time (I usually give up if I don't see weight loss or actually see weight gain in 2 or 3 weeks). I am not a diabetic. I am about 60 pounds overweight.

How to Dance to Lose Weight

Recommended Answer:

Insulin resistance makes it harder to lose weight no matter what approach you take. However insulin resistant people typically find low-carb is the best way to lose weight, since they're directly addressing the need to minimize insulin release (by not eating carbs).May be that you're just not doing low-carb right. If you don't know what you're doing, you'll screw up. Since you've provided zero information about what YOUR low-carb diet actually looks like, no one can possibly say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment