How to start preparing for dance classes?

I'm planning to start dance classes next year. I'll be 18 with no previous dance experience. I just want to do it for fun. I like all kinds of dance but I'm mostly interested in ballet. I would like to start "preparing" for class now because I'm sort of extremely unfit. I don't need to lose weight or anything, but I am incredibly weak in terms of muscle strength. I cannot even do one push up. So I'm afraid this might pull me back in class or something. What can I do now to start preparing myself? As in, what exercises/stretches should I be doing and what areas of my body should I be strengthening?

How to Run to Lose Weight

Recommended Answer:

The best way to condition your body to better accept ballet training is with floor pilates and yoga. It builds core strength, elongates the muscles and increases flexibility and balance. Professional dancers cross train with pilates. Please don't make the mistake of watching videos and trying any ballet before you take classes. It is a great way to build bad habits that will be harder to break once you start classes.You need a teacher's eyes and hands on you for corrections. Not to mention not having a sprung or floating floor to dance on like a reputable dance studio has. Working on a floor with no "give" will cause injury. Copying arm and foot positions doesn't mean that you are doing things correctly. You need to be engaging the right muscles to get you there. Sites like Just for Kix are notorious for showing incorrect dance form.

Other Answers:

  • First of all find a professional dance class in which health experts also helps you to get lean and fit beside the dance experts who will provide training for learning different dance classes.Contact Just For Kix professional dance classes.
  • You do need arm stregnth for dance but not as much as you need ab and leg strength. I don't have enough time right now to type out a bunch of exercises you should do but go to youtube and search things like Sophia Lucia ab workout, stretching for dancers, How to do the splits, How to improve leg extensions, etc. There are a lot of really good dance channels you could subscribe to.
  • Here's a perfect lesson on Dancing goo.gl/o215Li .

0 comments:

Post a Comment