How much protein/carbs/fat/calories should I eat in order to gain a 1/2lb of lean muscle mass weekly?

This question may be overplayed, but I wanted to ask this question in specific regard to my body composition. I want to know how to properly gain 1/2lb of lean muscle mass without having to gain an overabundance of fat while gaining weight (Since I am aiming for about 10% Body fat). I'd rather gain 5lbs of lean muscle in 2 months than 10lbs of bodyweight in 1 month. I want to do this while eating whole healthy foods. Goal>>> Stand at 185lb @10% BodyfatIs using 1.5 grams of protein per bodyweight for daily intake sufficient? How much carbs should I be taking daily? what about fats? What is the best Macronutrient intake for my goals? EX) 40%protein 45%carbs 15% fats? Also, apparently I need about 2400 calories a day to maintain my bodyweight. How much more should I eat to gain the lean muscle mass?Background history: I started weightlifting at a bodyweight of 135 lbs back in 2004 and since then I have gained 40lbs of bodyweight.Current status: I now stand 5'10" at 175lbs at 13% body fat at the age of 26. I work out 4-5 times a week with heavy lifting and do lots of compound exercises. I incorporate at least 1 day of cardio into my weekly workout plan.Body Type: Ecto-Meso (naturally ectomorph)I hope this is sufficient information for me to get a serious answer. Overall I want to be healthy and fitter than I am now and want to take my goals to the next level by following a more in depth specific nutritional plan.Thanks!

How to Lose Weight Without Diet Pills

Recommended Answer:

I think you've got your macro-nutrients around the wrong way for building body mass.If I understand your correctly you're aiming to get 40% of your calories from protein, 45% from carbs and 15% from fats, and you need 2,400 Calories. So that works out to 240g of protein, 270g of carbs, and 41g of fat. That's a lot of carbs! If anything makes us fat its carbs. Basically carbs breakdown to sugar, so if you're ok with eating sugar then go for it. My preference is to avoid carbs altogether to prevent fat storage and sugar spikes.Also with protein I work on the basis of 1g of protein per pound of body weight, not 1.5g.So given that you are 175 pounds you should be consuming 175g of protein. That's 700 Calories.I'm going to suggest that you limit yourself to 40g of carbs per day - so that means carbs from non-starchy vegetables and fruit. No potato, rice, wheat, bread, sugar, etc. That gives you 160 Calories.It total that's 860 Calories. To get you 2,400 you need to get the rest from fat. 1,540 Calories from fat is 175g.Eating fat doesn't make you fat. In fact it does the opposite as it teaches the body to burn fat.And every single cell in your body requires both protein and fat for growth and repair. Exactly what you need for body building. You don't need carbohydrates for cell growth.So this puts your calories at 29% from protein, 7% from carbs, and 64% from fat. Or 175g protein, 175g fat, and 40g carbs.I believe that will give you the best body building diet.

Other Answers:

  • Okay, your protein looks good, 1.5 gram/lb of body weight. To avoid gaining an over abundance of fat, do carb cycling. On your training days, aim for around 250-300 grams of carbs, on your non-training days, aim for 150-200 grams of carbs. Eat most of your carbs before you train so you can use that energy to really lift heavy weights. Eat about 250-500 calories over your intake to gain a sufficient amoun of weight. Aim for whole grains and red meats along with plenty of fruits for quick-carbs and healthy anti-oxidents. Good luck! Hope this helps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment