Is Ativan supposed to make you gain weight?

I've been on Ativan approximately 4 months. It's a low dosage but I've put on 14 lbs in this short amount of time. I'm trying to get off the Ativan, but it's very hard. I'm down to .25 two times a day.. But going further than that is bad. I get itchy red watery eyes, and get extremely irritable. It basically make me lazy and lethargic. Exercise is extremely difficult now and I'm positive it's thanks to the Ativan. I just want to get off this crap.

How to Lose Weight Gain Muscle

Recommended Answer:

Lorazepam (Ativan) is the most addictive of the benzodiazepines. It always disappoints me that some doctors still prescribe it. Benzodiazepines have long been superceded in the management of anxiety by therapy, though SSRI and other similar drugs can reduce symptoms as a stop gap with much less risk of addiction.

Other Answers:

  • Have your doctor slowly wean you off of it. If that would make you too miserable, he could, at the same time start you on a low dose of another anti-anxiety medicine.I never heard anything about weight gain on Ativan. Some antidepressants cause you to gain weight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment