How can I get motivation to lose weight?

So I am 5'6 1/2 and I want to lose weight.I am VERY overweight.Well,I think I am.So I am 185 pounds.I want to get to 125 pounds.When I first started to lose weight,I was 198 pounds.In about 2 months,I got to 187 and then I lost 2 pounds,Then I got to 183,then I gained 2 pounds,then I kind of maintained it like that for about,almost a year until now.I had so much motivation when I first started and it was awesome,and I was so happy.Now I feel like one day I just totally lost it.And I hate it.I want to have the motivation I had when I first started.How can I get that motivation back?Thank you -lauren

How to Lose Weight Fast and Keep it Off

Recommended Answer:

I have no motivation at all to lose weight as much as I wish I could.I found for me that when I told myself I wouldn't eat junk food, being so close to giving in then following through with refusing to eat it was very rewarding. Every time I gave in I just felt horrible and disappointed , but when I didn't give in I felt so much better and it became my sugar rush.I also think about being able to go clothes shopping without getting frustrated and depressed every time I try clothes on that make me look like a complete knob, but yet if I was slimmer I know I would have that confidence to be able to wear whatever I wanted without feeling like I've opened my own bakery under my clothes.Writing a food diary also helped me, planning my meals each day. That way I was prepared and didn't end up just eating crap at the last minute where I couldn't decide what to have. In terms of exercise, this is my biggest thing that I lack motivation with.I know how hard it is to kick yourself up the bum to even think about exercising!Start off small, go for a short walk everyday then gradually build it up. Even if its just to get out the house. The endorphines that are released makes you feel less tired and more fired up. The more you do it the more energy you'll have. Eventually you could go swimming etc.After you have stuck to your plan then you can reward yourself by buying yourself something nice at the end of the month and at the end of each week have a treat when it comes to the food. That way when you do have a treat you know its because you have earned it not because you have given in.Eventually its all second nature.I wouldn't recommend anything too drastic.Think to yourself life is short. Would you rather be sitting at home in five years time ten stone heavier, wishing that you stuck to your plans and feeling down and disappointed with yourself, or would you rather be sitting at home feeling happy, healthy and proud that you followed it through and not wasted the past five years making the situation worse.

Other Answers:

  • Make promises that you will keep regarding that think of what will happen if it gets worse:)
  • Make a tumblr and fill yours with pictures of inspirational quotes and pictures. When you want to give up go online. Make a 43 things account and make your first goal lose weight and look at others with a similar goal. Also make it your lock screen on your phone if you cant make it a beach so you think of summer and bikinis. hope this helps :)
  • Find your self an exercise buddy that isn't so easy or so hard on you. Try to remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. (Don't starve your self because starving your self will just make you bigger (fat). If your craving something like junk food or candy, just get a small amount of it, if not then you'll just keep craving it and mess up your diet.)
  • Make a list of the types of foods that you are going to avoid at all costs. Try to memorize this, or carry it along with you when you buy foods. Whenever you find yourself reaching for the food from the fridge or the grocery aisle, stop and think for a moment. Remember how badly you want to lose weight. Think about if you absolutely have to have this food, or if you just want it. Think carefully whether you will benefit from it, and if it will help you reach your goal. If your mind tells you "NO!", then stop! Don't eat that food. Reach for something healthy, or skip it altogether. It'll be hard, but in the end it will pay off.Write down why you want to lose weight, and what your target weight is. Make a couple copies—stick one to your fridge, one on your exercise machine or car keys, and keep one in your wallet.Do what celebrities do to look good. It should come to you that celebrities do everything imaginable to look good on a picture set from the steps outlined in this writing to surgical procedures to hide their belly fat or getting rid of cellulite. Take celebrities as your model and motivation so that you follow what she or he does to look their best. Celebrity magazines contain many healthful hints and tips related to weight loss and dieting. In addition to that, you might learn a lot about your favorite actor or actress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment